EMG (“We” or “us”) take your privacy seriously and are fully committed to handling the information we collect from you in a secure and responsible manner. We are dedicated to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice sets out the basis upon which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We may update this notice from time to time, and will publish the new version on our website. This notice was last updated on September 2020
You may give us information about you by:
- Completing the contact form on our website
- Giving us your business card at a meeting
- Asking for information by email, social networks or telephone
We may collect information about you by:
- Receiving it from one of our partners
- Acquiring a database with your name on it
- Finding it on the internet or anywhere it is publicly disclosed
The type and amount of data we collect varies depending on your relationship with us :
- Name and contact data: first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data such as delivery address.
- Location data: data about your location if location services are enabled. If your location services are not turned on, we will not collect any information about your location
- Your interactions with us: content of messages, e-mails, letters or phone calls you send us, such as feedback and reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, phone conversations may be monitored and recorded.
- Data collected directly or indirectly on our applications, such as activities, performances, or behaviors.
We may use your personal data in order to:
- Provide you with the goods and services you ask from us
- Improve our goods and services
- Conduct our business operations
- Do marketing activities
- Comply with legal obligations
- Use it for human resources management
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary with the following third parties:
- Service providers
- Banks and other entities that process payment transactions/provide financial services
- Business partners and clients
- Other Euro Media Group entities and subsidiaries
- Legal authorities or regulatory bodies
- Parties involved with current or prospective legal proceedings, or assisting us to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
We collect, use and disclose your personal data as long as there is a legal basis. This legal basis can be:
- Because you gave your consent
- Because we need it to execute or take steps to enter into a contract with you
- Because it is in our legitimate interest
- Because we need it to comply with the law
In cases where we could be led to transfer your data to a location outside France, the European Union or to a country that has an adequate level of data protection, we will ensure your data is given a similar level of protection to that required under European data privacy laws and regulations.
Any sensitive personal data shall not be transferred outside these places without you being informed prior to the transfer.
Your personal data will be retained as long as needed for the purposes for which they have been collected.
This includes retention of some personal data following the end of our relationship with you, for example to resolve any potential disputes and for ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, to maintain records of our services, and otherwise to comply with our legal obligations and to defend our legal rights.
We regularly review the technical and organizational security measures we have in place on our information and communications systems in order to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of your personal information.
You can exercise any of your data subject rights. Under the data protection laws and regulations, you have right to:
- Access : you have the right to know whether we hold personal data about you. Obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you, together with other information about how we process it
- Rectification : you can request rectification of inaccurate data
- Erasure : you can request erasure of your personal data
- Restriction: you have a right to ask us to restrict our use of your personal data in some circumstances, for example while we investigate a complaint that the data we hold about you is inaccurate
- Portability : you have the right to receive a copy or have a copy transmitted to another company (in a machine-readable format) of personal data which you have provided to us
- Objection : you can object to the use of your personal data for some purposes (e.g. direct marketing purposes)
You can also withdraw any consent which you have given relating to use of your data, at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel like your rights have been violated.
Data Protection Officer
5 avenue Victor Hugo Immeuble E264 93300 Aubervilliers France
Cookies – what are they?
A “cookie” is a piece of information, like a tag, that is stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device – like your computer or mobile phone – whenever you visit that website.
The cookies we use have the following purposes and are used in the conditions detailed below.
What are cookies used for?
– Give you a better online experience;
– Allow you to set personal preferences;
– Protect your security;
– Measure and improve our service, and;
– Work with partners, get to know you better and therefore adapt our offers and suggest you
So what information is kept by the cookie?
A cookie will typically hold:
– The name of the website that it has come from;
– How long the cookie will stay on your device, and;
– Your web browsing course (including IP address);
– Technical specification of your device and a value – usually a randomly generated unique number
The cookies we set
We use the following categories of cookies on the site:
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use the site and they only produce anonymous statistics. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at the site, browse or use the site and to highlight areas where we can improve, such as browsing and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never records personal details from which your individual identity can be established and cannot identify your device or track your browsing activity on other websites.
How long do cookies stay on my computer?
The cookies used on our site can behave in two different ways:
Cookies can be stored on the hard drive of your device only for the duration of your internet browsing session and will then be automatically deleted when you close your browser (Session cookies).
Cookies can be stored on the hard drive of your device until they are deleted by you from our cookie management tool accessible hereafter or directly by the deletion function provided in your browser, or until that they reach their maximum retention period of up to 13 months from their deposit (Persistent cookies).
What can I do to manage cookies stored on my computer or phone?
Each browser’s configuration is different: it is described in your browser’s help menu, which will let you know how to change your cookie wishes.
Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer
What happens if I don’t accept cookies?
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the site may not work on your device and you may not be able to access areas you want on the site. For this reason, we recommend that you accept cookies.